This is my knitting blog to keep me and you up to date on what i'm doing for me its a designer journal almost and you can take a spy at the knitwear i create.

Monday, 29 June 2009

Finished and Started

I have just recently finshed knitting myself a slouchy hat from a pattern i found a while ago on ravelry called 'Wurm' by katushika. I had bought the yarn 4 days before deciding to knit, i had an urge to by the wool with no project intended for it's use. The yarn is Sirdar Escape, shade - 0187. It's a 51% wool and 49% acrylic and i used 3 50g skeins for the project and have one and abit spare for some small mitts i think which i intended on using the same ribbing pattern which is used for the hat. It's a great and simple project for beginners or as a travelling project. it's took me a few days to complete on and off. I love buyin yarn and finding a perfect pattern for using it up lol! this pattern was made for this wool lol!

On the other hand i know have a few projects to keep my creative senses tingling 

1- Buchanan by Louisa Harding.  I found the pattern in the first issue of the knitter and i have had a fair share of mishaps and had to start again but thankfully it's working out fine the second time round :)

2- Is My new mint chocolate sock pattern which i'm creating the pattern will be out soon i'm sure it won't take me too long.

3- 3rd project is my parteners new sweater which i have just started and i decide to call it the urple purple jumper lol!! it took me ages to find a man purple for him, i just hope he'll wear it.

I have a few other projects listed 1 of the wurm hat for a present, and another hat which i was just requested to knit for someone, i might started them this weekend as my travelling projects

In the past few weeks insects have been taking a large interest in being where i tend to be, which i'm not too keen on. the other weekend at work while on my own at the shop a giant moth decided to join me behind the count which i wasn't happy about it then went missing for 10 minutes making me think it was safe to work and then after freaking me out for a good 20minutes decided to come out of it's hidding place and fly for the door and left. The moth was creeply big it was as big as my little finger yuke!!

Then i had came across i massive spider in the bathroom inplace of my friendly little spider that i watch when i'm on the loo, it was that big i ended up having t squash it with the mop plus i thought it ate my little spider friend, but i found him today he's moved to another corner in the room where i can still watch him.

And i rescued a big bumble from my bedroom after he'd taken a liking to one of my flowery dresses and wouldn't leave lol!! bless him 

I'm kinda hoping no more insect mania for me this week


No comments:

Post a Comment