This is my knitting blog to keep me and you up to date on what i'm doing for me its a designer journal almost and you can take a spy at the knitwear i create.

Tuesday, 14 July 2009

First knitted sock


Just day i finished my first pair of socks, and i totally understand the craze for sock knitting, it's portable, it's quick and there cozy. plus they are a quick and easy way to try out new stitch patterns.

the pattern i used is called Komet.

I found it as a free ravelry download, it's a brilliant pattern, i'm just glad i'm done so i can wear the finished results.

Knitting socks is a thing of my future from know on.

I used patons 100% cotton 4ply 100g and it took one ball to make a pair of size 5 komet socks with plenty to spare. The yarn is lovely to use but be careful it's a slippy yarn, i salvaged stitches many of times with these socks. 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment